Important: This is an archived story, the event referenced is in the past.
Back-to-School Health Fair Aug. 10, 2013
For more information, please call 304-399-6742
Start the new school year in a healthy way at the Back-to-School Health Fair from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. Saturday, Aug. 10, 2013 at the Huntington Mall. This free health event features screenings, information and giveaways. Events and activities include:
- Kids and parents can learn how to pack a healthier lunch box and try free nutritious lunch samples.
- Have your child screened for vision, scoliosis, blood pressure and more.
- Pediatric endocrinologist James Bailes, MD, will be available to discuss diabetes, obesity and general health concerns for children.
- Talk to health professionals from the Pediatric Rehabilitation Department about developmental concerns you may have.
- Immunize your child. The Cabell-Huntington Health Department will offer hepatitis A, hepatitis B, DTaP (diphtheria, tetanus, pertussis), rotavirus, Hib (Haemophilus influenza type b), pneumococcal, inactivated poliovirus, MMR (measles, mumps, rubella), varicella, meningococcal, HPV (human papillomavirus) and Tdap vaccines.
- Hear children's safety tips from the professionals who often care for injured children―the staff of the Trauma Department at Cabell Huntington Hospital.
This event is sponsored by the Hoops Family Children’s Hospital at Cabell Huntington Hospital and Cabell Pediatrics.
- Last updated: 08/05/2013