1. What is My Health File?
My Health File is a secure online website that gives you convenient, 24-hour access to your personal health information from anywhere with an internet connection. Using a secure username and password, you can view health information from your computer, your smart phone or your tablet.
2. What can I do using My Health File?
My Health File offers you access to clinical summaries, test results and health information related to your inpatient or outpatient visits, procedures or tests at Cabell Huntington Hospital. Because My Health File offers a snapshot of each hospital experience, it is an important tool to use in conjunction with your physician’s patient portal. Enrolling in My Health File allows you to:
3. Is there a fee for this service?
My Health File is available to Cabell Huntington Hospital patients at no cost.
4. What do I need to sign up for My Health File?
Just provide your email address when you register for a test or procedure, and you will receive an invitation email with a link to the portal enrollment page the same day. You can also register by calling 304.526.2010 to request an invitation email.
5. Can I use My Health File for urgent matters?
My Health File should NOT be used for urgent messages and emergencies. My Health File is for routine communication and requests only. In case of an emergency, please call 911 or go to the nearest emergency room.
6. Can I access or open an account for a child or a non-minor family member, such as my parent?
Yes, you can use My Health File to manage not just your own health care, but the care of your loved ones as well, including:
Using My Health File to view another patient's information is called proxy access, and you can learn more about it here.
7. What if I lose my invitation email?
If you have lost your email invitation email to enroll in My Health File, please call 877-621-8014 to request a new one.
8. Can I access My Health File with my mobile phone or tablet computer?
The patient portal website can be accessed on a phone, tablet, laptop or desktop computer. If you prefer apps, a free iPhone app is already available, with others in development.
9.What if something is missing or incorrect in my medical record?
You can send a message directly from the portal to the Health Information Management Department with your concerns.
10.What if my address or other demographic information has changed?
You can update your demographics using the patient Information section of the portal.
11. Why aren't all of the prescription medicines I take listed in my medical record?
Your CHH medical record only includes medications prescribed at the time of discharge from CHH; it is not intended to be a comprehensive list.
12. The allergy information listed appears incorrect or incomplete.
Your Cabell Huntington Hospital medical records reflect the information shared at the time of admission.
13. Is the demographic information I update in the portal shared with my physician?
Due to technical and privacy issues, demographic updates to your medical record remain with Cabell Huntington Hospital. You must update information in your physician's portal separately.
14. How far back do the records in My Health File go?
Once you enroll, you will have access to records related to your tests, procedures and inpatient/outpatient stays at CHH since January 1, 2014.
15. Who do I contact with problems or questions about using My Health File?
Please call 877-621-8014 for assistance, 24 hours a day, seven days a week.