For more information, please call 304-340-8000
The HealthNet Aeromedical Services team provides our referring agencies with many opportunities to continue their education. The majority of the courses are available at no cost and can be brought to individual facilities. Each county in the HealthNet response area is served by a flight team member. This individual acts as a liaison for the requesting agencies in that area. Requests for continuing education or speakers can be processed through this website as well.
HealthNet Aeromedical Services Outreach Courses
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support: National standard program of the American Heart Association. Reviews all aspects of cardiac assessment and treatment.
- Aircraft and Landing Zone Safety: Priority One: Reviews the medical appropriateness criteria, patient packaging and management of a safe landing zone.
- Arterial Blood Gasses and Acid-Base Balance: Interpretation of blood gasses and management of acid-base disturbance.
- Burns: Overview and initial management of the burn-injured person.
- Cardiac Arrhythmia Series: Reviews basic electrocardiography and specific dysrhythmias
- Critical Care Series: Reviews anatomy and physiology, pathophysiology and management of disease processes of the following body systems: cardiovascular, pulmonary, neurological, renal, gastrointestinal and endocrine.
- Emergency Management of Acute Myocardial Infarctions: Pathophysiology and management of MI. The program addresses current therapies aimed at reducing infarct size.
- Environmental Emergencies: Overview and initial management of hypothermia, hyperthermia and drowning.
- Medical Emergencies: Recognition and initial management of common medical emergencies. Includes ARDS, GI hemorrhage, DIC, diabetes, etc.
- Neurological Emergencies: Overview and management of common adult neurologic emergencies including head trauma, intracerebral bleeds, meningitis, etc.
- Pharmacology Review: Reviews emergency resuscitation drugs and dosages. Addresses various formulas used to calculate medicated drips.
- Prehospital Trauma Life Support: National standard program of the National Association of Emergency Medical Technicians. Provides in-depth information regarding the initial assessment, treatment and management of the trauma patient.
- Sepsis and Septic Shock: Overview of physiological responses to systemic infection including medical management of septic shock.
- Surgical Emergencies: Reviews common post-op emergencies and their treatment.
- Trauma Management Series: Reviews initial stabilization and assessment of the adult trauma victim. Includes modules on airway management, chest trauma, abdominal trauma and extremity trauma.
- Twelve Lead EKG Interpretation: Overview of the interpretation of twelve lead EKGs to determine the presence of myocardial infarction.
- West Virginia Critical Care Transport Program: Standard CCT program of the West Virginia Office of EMS. Prepares the student for a career in the critical care transport environment.
Do You Need A Course That's Not Listed?
HealthNet Aeromedical Services can tailor a course to fit the needs of your group. We can also provide speakers for community groups such as Kiwanis, Rotary, scouts and church groups. To arrange a course or speaker please call 304-340-8000 or use the information link within the Cabell Huntington Hospital website.
- Last updated: 02/04/2014